Thursday 26 September 2013

Quick apple and cherry pie for pudding

Wanted a quick pudding tonight and one that was not expensive.

I was given some cooking apples last weekend


and at the recent Cake and Bake show there was some Bonne Maman fruit being given out.
 

Tonight I got some ready made puff pastry reduced to £1.00 so there was my answer. Apple and Cherry Pie!

Roll out the rectangle of puff pastry, score around the edge and then spread the cherry fruits across the top of the pastry. 

Lay the thinly sliced apple on top of the fruit.


Sprinkle golden caster sugar evenly, dust with ground cinnamon and dot with butter.
 

Pop into a hot oven for 25-30 minutes.  Cool and cut into pieces to serve.
 

I served my pie with Ambrosia Devon Dream.
 

My thanks to my friend for the apples and Bonne Maman for the cherry pots.






No comments:

Post a Comment