Thursday 4 September 2014

Mr R goes on holiday - A weekend in Brighton

Two things came together causing Mr R to have a lovely weekend break in Brighton.  Firstly I was invited to review a Travelodge and picked the Brighton Central and secondly Mr R needed a break preferably near the sea.
You can read my review of the Travelodge here: http://heidirobertskitchentalk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/travelodge-brighton-central-review.html

Mr R starts his holiday break!
Lunch at Casa Don Carlos, the best tapas in town according to the locals. We thought it was pretty good too!


Keeping the streets clear.
A sign of the times past in the Lanes.
Choccycoccydoodah - a cake lovers chocolate palace!
 

The old ........
and the new, along with a new friend too!
Famous smoked fish with Jack and Linda - the arches on the shore, a must try.


Museums
A morning latte at Bite.
Plenty of squares to spend some time
and pubs to meet friends and make new ones.

Lunch - as we passed the burgers looked fantastic so we decided to stop for lunch at Lucky Beach before getting our train.
And they were great!
And no trip to the seaside would be complete without ....... Punch-n-Judy!

 
The weather was fine and the sun was shining most of the time. We walked a lot and really felt we had discovered loads about Brighton.  We certainly want to go back again.

All photos and opinions are my own. No one asked me to write this post.
 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. oh that does look like fun. Nothing like a trip to the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to sit by the edge of the world and smell the fresh air!

      Delete
  2. Never been to Brighton before, looks lovely Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't been for years - really enjoyed just strolling around and stopping whenever we fancied!

      Delete
  3. I really must visit Brighton sometime. It looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's small and compact and a foodie delight! Worth a visit.

      Delete
  4. Oh I do like a trip to Brighton, not been for ages. My husband and I had one of our first days out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't been to Brighton for years and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would! Definitely want to go back soon.

    ReplyDelete