Wednesday 10 September 2014

The Print Room -Covent Garden

I was attending a food blogger conference in London over my birthday weekend earlier this summer. I was also asked to review The Print Room, a popular bar overlooking the square at Covent Garden (open daily from 17:00-01:00) that Saturday night (my birthday) and Mr R agreed to meet me there and have an evening out together.
The Print Room entrance is right on a corner of the market and a winding staircase later you emerge to a crowded, bustling bar.
We were given seats outside on the balcony overlooking the piazza which was especially welcome on a warm, sultry evening.
Mr R was very happy with his glass of red wine (Rioja) and I started with a glass of Prosecco (they have Prosecco on tap which made for a happy me!)
There is a bar menu although if you are looking for a meal downstairs is the restaurant 21. However on this lovely evening we were happy to sit outside, sipping our drinks had eating from the bar menu.
We had olives to nibble on and shared an order of calamari, beautifully cooked and tender.
We both had a pizza, huge with a thin traditional crust, just how I like them (not a great fan of the deep dish so popular these days).


They have a Prosecco fountain which I must admit to sampling from a few times!! It is a great drink after all!
We just sat and enjoyed the atmosphere going on below us in Covent Garden square astonished by how busy the other bars and restaurants were as well.


 
Mr R and I were guests of The Print Room which is located above their sister restaurant 21  on the corner of The Market Covent Garden. 

I was not paid to review this bar and as usual all opinions and photos are my own.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, love the idea of a Prosecco fountain. Happy belated birthday. GG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cold Prosesso on tap is my died and gone to heaven dream!!

      Delete
  2. The prosecco fountain sound cool. Did you also see their fish tank?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prosecco on tap is a great idea as this drink has gotten so popular lately. I fell in love with it on a trip to Italy a few years ago.

      Delete
  3. sounds like you had a lovely day together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the perfect way to round off a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah and I enjoyed the Print Rook too - I still need to write up my post! You look liked you had a very relaxing and fun evening! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely birthday treat Heidi and fun to be have a good view of the goings on in Covent Garden whilst you were eating.

    ReplyDelete