These big shows, this one was at The ExCel in London’s Docklands, are full of cruise companies looking for passengers and potential passengers looking for a good deal or sizeable discount on their 2016 cruise. Often if you book at one of these shows you get a much better deal.
There are so many places in the world to cruise to and an equal number of cruise companies willing to take you there. I was particularly interested in the idea of river cruising, not quite such rough waters!
Of course anywhere in the Caribbean is sure to ‘float my boat’ as they say but I would also like to try other destinations. I have my travel bands ready as well as all the electronics to keep me busy and my mind from ruminating on all the things that ‘happen at sea’ as well as plenty of food and drink and entertainment on board to keep busy should I not want to venture outside!
Thinking about this makes me wonder if I will ever get my 'sea legs'! I'll let you know.
Here are some photos from the show to give you an idea of what is waiting for you on board!
Cruising is fast growing in popularity with people of all ages (it was always thought to be a retired or older person's way of travelling) with many lines offering the perfect family holiday.
This year will highlight seven new cruise ship launches:-
1. Holland America Cruise Lines - Koningsdam which will high light a kids club as well as cooking demonstrations.
2. Viking Cruises - new ship the Viking Sea featuring a dive-in infinity pool, sauna and snow grotto!
3. Royal Caribbean - Harmony of the Seas, the world's largest cruise ship with 7 neighbourhood concepts, pools and sports zones.
4. Royal Caribbean - Ovation of the Seas with it's superfast internet and skydiving simulator.
5. Carnival Cruise - Carnival Vista featuring an 800' long cycle track suspended 150' above the sea.
6. Regent Seven Seas - Seven Seas Explorer, all suite, all balcony with impressive cooking demos.
7. Seabourn - Seabourn Encore - elegant, intimate luxury featuring all suites and all balcony cruising.
I wonder if 2016 will be the year The Reluctant Cruiser takes a leap on any of the above!!
I was given a complementary ticket to The Telegraph Cruise Show but was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.