Wednesday 23 March 2016

It's Spring - It's Easter - It's Aldi

If it's Spring then it must be Easter and that means a trip to my local Aldi to feed the family for Easter weekend.
It's all well and good having a lovely roast lamb on Easter Sunday with all the roast trimmings but what about Good Friday or Easter Saturday?  Aldi have a fresh casserole pack of chicken pieces and ready chopped vegetables for £2.99 and along with a pack of baby button mushrooms for £0.79 I will be making a large chicken casserole, using two packs of each which will result in enough food for those at home at supper time on Easter Saturday and anyone who comes in later.  Any left overs can be frozen for up to 3 months as well.
Of course Easter wouldn't be Easter without Hot Cross Buns.  I have made them from scratch before but that is surely a labour of love.  Sometimes you need a Hot Cross Bun now!  Aldi offer a pack of 4 with mixed fruit or chocolate pieces for £0.99 per pack.  They are moist and tasty and instant happiness!
I am not a great fan of Easter eggs however I do love to give Mr R one - I got this lovely chocolate egg with little truffles inside for £2.99.  This will look lovely on the breakfast table with Hot Cross Buns and a pot of tea for Easter breakfast!
And of course I couldn't leave the shop without a chocolate bunny (or three).  I couldn't decide if I wanted the white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate so I bought all three!! They will satisfy my evening chocolate craving for a while!
Many thanks to Aldi for the vouchers to purchase the above products.  I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions and photos are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment