Saturday 12 March 2016

Surprise with Bake Box

There seem to be so many subscription services out there these days but one that has really caught my attention is Bake Box.  Bake Box will be a bi-monthly delivery of recipes and equipment to make six really up to the minute goodies.

Bake Box comes with beautifully illustrated recipe cards, the baking equipment you will need to complete these six projects along with other important items such as the coloured icing for the cookies, silicon bundt-type baking mould to make the cake and loads more.


The boxes will be suitable for beginner bakers and more experienced as well.  The subscription will make a great gift for a new mother with limited time to think of the ideas to bake but will guide her along.  Also a newly retired mum or grandmother would love the time to get their hands on this subscription as well.

The subscription will cost £14.99 per month and will include more than £40.00 worth of equipment to help you build a fantastic collection plus you get membership to Bake Club.

Although I was excited to review this box, my daughter came to stay for the weekend and hijacked my first box. I said I didn't mind as long as she provided the review for you and here is what she had to say 

" I was so excited to try out the Bake Box! I had no idea what would be inside it so it was like getting an impromptu Birthday gift. I couldn't wait to get it open and have a look at what I had got to play with!
The Bake Box arrived in a really nice box and the contents were hidden inside some tissue paper. It was like a mini adventure! 
My first impression was I couldn't believe how much was in the box! I had all the equipment to make 6 different projects. 
There was also an envelope with the 6 recipes and pictures so you see what they should look like.
I decided to start off with a small project of the dress shaped biscuits. They looked so cute and intricate. I was a little bit worried that I wouldn't be able to do them justice. But I had no reason to worry! The instructions were so easy to follow and included a list of all the ingredients I would need.
 
Instead of red, I decided to use less food colouring and make my biscuits pink. I like to be a little bit different and pink is my favourite colour!

I'm happy with how they have turned out. They look great and are super tasty! I'm looking forward to trying out another recipe from in the box!
I used to bake and cook a lot but that was pre children when I had a lot more time to get creative. This was exactly the project I needed to get my creative juices flowing again and it was so much fun! I even got the little people to help with the decorating and they loved it too! "
I was sent a Bake Box surprise box to review.  I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions are our own and so are the photos.



18 comments:

  1. This could make a lovely gift to those who love baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could even treat yourself to this if you love baking!

      Delete
  2. The bake box would be a fun Easter gift for bakes. I love the dress biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love biscuit cutters at the moment - so many cute ones to pick from

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun! My girls would probably love this kind of thing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes a great present to build up your collection of recipes and tools as well.

      Delete
  4. What fun Heidi and nice to have a surprise reviewer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all ready to review it till my daughter kidnapped it!!

      Delete
  5. LOL that sounds almost my level of baking...almost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, we love home made chicken soup too in our house.

      Delete
  7. Good to hear the voice of your daughter Heidi and these boxes sound great for getting people going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are great for the beginner baker or someone wanting to start baking.

      Delete
  8. This would be a nice Easter present to give to someone that loves baking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or someone who would like to start more than a sponge cake but doesn't have the confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This definitely would make a lovely gift for those who love baking. Sending this link to my family in UK as have some who love baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing with your UK family - hope they find it interesting.

      Delete