Monday 16 April 2012

Too Much Month at the end of the Money!!!

Mmmmmm - that dinner was really good! 

Do you ever get too much month left at the end of the money? I do for one reason and another so I have decided to try to make meals out of what we have in the house for the next week or so.

So to the freezer to start with.  I took out the two wild haddock fillets I had left over from my Fish is the Dish post.  The haddock had come from Delishfish from Peterhead in Scotland (www.delishfish.co.uk) via Fish is the Dish (www.fishisthedish.co.uk).



I wanted to use up lots of little bits and pieces in the fridge so I grated a couple of small pieces of cheddar cheese and crumbled into the cheese three slices of My Secret Kitchen (www.mysecretkitchen.co.uk) Beer Bread from an event I did the day before.



I then added about 4-5 Tbsp of mayonnaise that I had mixed with My Secret Kitchen Saffron Tagine Paste (I had mixed the two together in a ratio of 2:1 for the tasting event the day before and had some left over).


and mixed into the cheese-bread crumb mixture so that it just held together


I had frozen the fish fillets the day they arrived but didn't need to thaw them completely before assembling the dish.  I just placed the fillets in a casserole dish.


I spread the cheesy-bread crumb mixture over the fillets and lightly pressed it to cover.  Some little bits of butter on top to help the crumbs crisp in the oven.  Bake for about 25 minutes at 185 degree fan oven.


It smelled good and I was really pleased with the outcome.


This meal would have fed up to 4 people but Mr R liked it so much he had seconds!  I served the fish with lemon basmati rice and freshly cooked beetroot. 



Yummm - quick, easy and healthy - just shows what you can make for dinner with a little imagination and a lot of bits and pieces in the fridge/freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment