Thursday 20 October 2016

It is National Seafood Week with Birds Eye

I sometimes buy frozen fish, especially if I am making a fish pie but very rarely would I buy a fish in a ready made sauce.

We all know we should eat more fish, at least two portions per week and that fish is rich in omega-3 a compound that helps to boost our brain power and is really good for our hearts.

Well, Birds Eye asked me to try their new Haddock in a white wine, mustard & spring onion sauce and to show how you can make a quick, simple but delicious mid-week meal and would I use their recipe as well.
The recipe takes only as long to make as it takes for the pasta to cook.

Ingredients:
2 Haddock Fillets White Wine, Mustard & Spring Onion Sauce
180 gm brown cap mushrooms
180 gm dried tagliatelle
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 190oC, gas mark 5
2. Cook the Bake to Perfection Haddock for 30 minutes
3. Wash and slice the mushrooms and fry in the oil until soft (I also added some finely chopped onion at this point)
4. Cook the tagliatelle as per pack instructions and drain
5. Stir the mushrooms and the sauce from the haddock into the tagliatelle and stir through the flaked haddock.
This recipe serves two and with a side salad or portion of vegetables it makes a quick and tasty supper without any fuss.  I grated fresh parmesan (Parmigiano Reggiano) on top.  It was tasty and we will certainly be having this again.
If you want more recipes from Birds Eye click HERE.

Birds Eye have a whole range of frozen foods, new ones and of course our favourites like fish fingers and frozen peas!  Personally I feel like a fish finger sandwich for lunch!

I was not required to write a positive post although I was asked to try Birds Eye's own recipe.  As usual all opinions and photos are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment