Welcome to Part 2 of my account of a great time spent with Total Greek Yoghurt and Chef Paul Merrett.
Now our cake for pudding was in the oven so we proceeded to make our starter Fresh and Smoked Salmon Rillette with Wholemeal Toast. We stayed in the same groups as for the cake and split the tasks to get the starter ready and in the fridge to chill until lunch.
We put the fresh salmon in the oven to lightly cook, let it cool and then flaked it into a bowl.
We mixed the yoghurt, lemon juice, softened butter, dill and horseraddish into a bowl and shredded the smoked salmon into this.
When it was all mixed together it went into the fridge to wait till lunch time. It was a delicious and light starter and enjoyed very much.
Fresh and Smoked Salmon Rillette with Wholemeal ToastServes 4
2 tablespoon of TOTAL Greek Yoghurt, Classic (2% can also be used)
200g of fresh salmon
½ lemon, juiced
60g of diced and softened unsalted butter
1 dessert spoon of fresh dill, chopped
2 teaspoons of horseradish relish
75g of smoked salmon
Brown bread for toast
1. Place the fresh salmon in a small oven proof baking dish and wet the salmon with a dessert spoon of water. Cover the dish with foil and put it in an oven at 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 for about 6 minutes.
2. When the salmon is cool, flake it into a bowl.
3. Add the yoghurt, lemon juice, the softened butter (microwave), dill and horseradish – but don’t mix it all yet.
4. Shred up the smoked salmon into strips and add this to the bowl.
5. Finally add a twist of black pepper and then gently fold and mix everything together taking care not to break it all down to a mush.
6. When everything is thoroughly combined, put into a serving dish and chill it in the fridge for at least an hour.
7. Serve with hot brown toast.
Come back to Part 3 for a fantastic vegetarian recipe for a main course Tagine with a difference.