Wednesday 18 July 2012

Bacon, Tomato & Parmesan Pasta Shells

I am entering a competition to win a week in a Tuscan Villa which requires a Tuscan inspired recipe and must include olive oil, parmesan cheese and tomatoes. This is my quick mid week supper pasta which uses all three of those ingredients.

"I want to win a week in one of your Tuscany villas" Please pop over to their site and vote for me.

I heated up some olive oil in my large frying pan. I added a package of smoked back bacon cut into small pieces and cooked this with the onion and garlic mix.



Occassionally I use a jar of Lloyd Grossman Tomato and Basil sauce when I want a mid week short cut which I did tonight, adding it to the bacon-onion in the pan. A tin of chopped tomatoes, 2 teaspoons of My Secret Kitchen Artichoke Pesto were added along with 250ml of freshly grated parmesean cheese. I only seasoned with black pepper because the bacon will be quite salty and I could alway adjust this at the end just before serving.



I cooked some pasta shells, topped with sauce and slices of mozzarella and popped it in the oven to melt the cheese topping for about eight minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment