Friday 30 August 2013

I Heart Cake - Silicone Cake Baking Mould

I Heart Cake Silicone Mould

I was recently asked if I would like to take part in a baking challenge using the 'I Heart Cake' silicone cake baking mould from Find Me A Gift.

I do like to bake and I do like heart shaped things so I was unable to resist the challenge.  I received the 'I Heart Cake' baking mould and set about thinking of what I would use it for.

You can do sweet or savoury baking in it or even us it for jellies or ice cream (it is suitable for the freezer too).

You bake one big cake then cut it into 6 seperate heart shaped pieces.  You can slice them through the middle and ice in the middle and on top or even cover it completely with icing.

The mould is freezer and dishwasher safe and is made from a food safe, non-stick silicone.

For my cake challenge I wanted to use some of the blackberries from my allotment so have created a blackberry and coconut cake.

Ingredients:
180g softened butter
180g golden caster sugar
3 large eggs
100g SR flour
2tsp baking powder
80g dessicated coconut
150g blackberries
Zest and juice of one lime

Preheat oven to 180oC or Gas mark 4
I used a silicone mould so didn't need to grease and flour but if using a conventional tin you should.

In a large bowl cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time and beat until thoroughly mixed.


Sift together the flour and baking powder then add coconut to dry mixture.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly.  Fold in the blackberries and lime zest and juice.


Bake in the centre of the oven for 35-45 minutes until a skewer or cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then turn out and continue to cool.


Cut into 6 pieces so that you have six heart shapes.  You can split in half and ice the middle if you want to.



I made an icing with about 80g of cream cheese (I used lactofree but any cream cheese will do)  I added icing sugar till I got the consistency I was after.


I popped a couple of blackberries into the icing to turn it a slight purple.


Below is my finished slice to send with Mr R for work tomorrow.  Hope he loves my heart!

 
And finally I would love to win the challenge! Thanks Find Me A Gift for the opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. It's a great mould isn't it? I love mine. The cake comes out so easy too and the fact tha tit goes in te dishwasher is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete