When I went to stay with my sister in North Carolina I asked Mr R to keep an eye on the courgettes on our allotment and to pick them as they were ready. The last week I was away he didn't have time to pop up to the allotment and I came home to quite a lot of very large courgettes (zucchini).
I am making loads of recipes such as courgette 'spaghetti',
Courgette & Pecan Muffins
2 cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chopped raisins
2 medium eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded courgettes (zucchini)
* Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel and nutmeg,
* Stir in the nuts and raisins,
* In a separate bowl beat together the eggs, milk and veg oil,
* Stir in the courgettes (zucchini),
* Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until combined; do not overmix,
* Fill well greased muffin tin or use paper muffin cases 2/3 full with the batter,
* Bake in a preheated oven, 170oC/375oF for 20-25 minutes.
* Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan or taking the paper wrappers off.
Makes 12-14 muffins