Tuesday 8 October 2013

PG Tips - Royal-Tea Cup - To Welcome The New Prince

PG Tips tea wanted to celebrate the arrival of the new royal family member, Prince George, the son of HRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in July 2013.  Plus with Prince George's christening imminent I thought you might like to try this delightful punch. Great for any special occasion.

Working with a drinks expert from Channel 4's Sunday Brunch, Rebecca Seal, PG Tips developed a recipe for a 'Royal Tea Cup' with all the ingredients having a link back to  the very Englishness of our new royal member.

For me to try to re-create this 'Royal-tea-cup' this they sent me a selection of products that I would need to make their Royal Tea Cup and whilst toasting the arrival of the new prince to also share the punch with friends.

 
I felt that a great event to share this drink was the first birthday of my 3rd grandchild, Riley.  Riley is our little prince and had a very traumatic early start in his life, giving us even more cause for celebration on his first birthday.


We had a lovely, sunny day and upon arrival at my daughter and son-in-law's I prepared the punch as we waited for the arrival of the rest of the family and friends.



I slightly mashed the sliced strawberries with the mint leaves. Then mixed with the hot water, PG Tips The Rich One teabag, sugar, lemon juice and rind.  This was then left for 10 minutes to infuse and strained into a clean bowl.


In this large bowl I added the elderflower cordial, apple juice and gin (At this point you can pop into the fridge till you are ready to drink) and then added the ice, soda water and sparkling wine.

Thin slices of cucumber and strawberies ready to go into the punch before serving.


The punch went down extremely well with the family (adults only of course!) and looked great in my punch bowl which I have had for years and never used!



You could of course make this an alcohol free drink by substituting Ginger Ale instead of the sparkling wine.

Mr R really enjoyed the special drink.


Although Riley wasn't allowed to try the punch he thoroughly enjoyed his special day and being the centre of attention.  All of Riley's friends and family were so pleased to be celebrating his special first birthday!




(I was sent the ingredients to make this special PG Tips Royal Punch Cup but received no payment and all opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment