Friday 5 April 2013

Fish is The Dish sets a Challenge




Fish is the Dish has come up with a challenge for individuals as well as families. Omega3 is essential for our bodies especially for brain development. It's what helps us learn new things and remember them.

Most people don't have enough Omega3 in their diets and one of the easiest way to get more is by eating more fish.  Just two fish meals per week should give you the minimum amount of Omega3 in your system.

Fish is the Dish has sent me a consignment of fish from Delish Fish and challenged me to make two fish meals per week for six weeks and to see if Mr R and I notice any difference in our energy levels and general well being.

 

For the first of my two meals this week I made a Japanese marinated Black Cod. This is a recipe that I learned when I attended Yuki's Kitchen at the beginning of March.  I marinated the cod in a mixture of typical Jamapese ingredients including miso paste and sake.  Because Yuki has a cook book coming out in June she has asked me not to put the recipe on my blog at this point and I will respect that.


I marinated the cod in a zip lock bag for most of the day and then cooked it in the oven for about 10 minutes. It tasted exotic and full of Japanese flavours.  Mr R was impressed for sure!

 


For my second meal this week I chose Wild Hake.  I scored the filets, seasoned with a drizzle of sunflower oil, salt & pepper, and a combination of dried herbs my sister sent me from North Carolina.


I pan fried the fish in a hot griddle pan skin side down until the transluscent fish was turning opaque about half way up the fillet then I turned them over and continued to cook for 3-4 more minutes.

 
 
 
 I served the fish on a bed of puree made from a tin of chick peas, Total Greek Yogurt, garlic, lemon rind and juice, fresh corriander, salt & pepper and the spice mix from North Carolina. I mixed this all up in my Vitamix blender.


And the finished dinner got a round of applause from Mr R!


















No comments:

Post a Comment