Sunday 2 June 2013

A Middle Eastern inspired lentil stew

Another chance to use my Philips Home Cooker and today I used it to make a Middle Eastern inspired lentil stew for supper.


 
I sauteed the finely chopped onion in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, added the celery chopped, chopped carrots and let it cook for about 8 minutes. I added my seasonings, sweet paprika, salt and pepper, ground cumin, tomato puree.
 
When the timer went off I added a tin of chopped tomatoes, my lentils and 1ltr chicken stock and just let the whole thin cook for a further 45 minutes at 130o.  A great feature of the Home Cooker is that you can just leave it stirring, and it won't burn and when you are ready for the next step or to serve it is all ready for you. 
 
At dinner time I sauteed some slices of choritzo and some scallops (from Fish is the Dish and Delish Fish) and sprinkled them over the top.
 
 

Before sauteeing the scallops I sprinkled them with some lemon juice and lemon zest.


Served with linguine this made a really delicious supper. Mr R said he would be happy to have this again and again anytime I wanted to make it! Praise indeed from him.



No comments:

Post a Comment