Monday 17 June 2013

Sunday Soup!

Whilst my mother-in-law was alive we would pop over an a Sunday afternoon to say hi and have a coffee. Now and again we would stay for Sunday lunch but more often not.

Since she passed away easier this year we have gotten into the habit of having Sunday lunch with my father-in-law (FIL) quite often and sometimes he cooks and sometimes I do.

Today as it was Father's Day I cooked and for starters I made a soup.  I often make soup on a Sunday as FIL likes to have a couple of portions in the freezer for the coming week.

Today's soup I used my Jamie Oliver HomeCooker by Philips to make the soup this week because I was cooking the chicken in white wine in the rest of the kitchen.

For starters I sauteed my vegetables in a small amount of sunflower oil and a knob of butter. I used finely chopped red onions, a couple of sticks of celery, four medium carrots sliced and a celeriac root that I bought reduced to 10p!

 
A Knorr vegetable stock cube, salt and pepper and some water and set the timer on the Home Cooker for 45 minutes which allowed me to get on with the rest of the lunch.


I tested the vegetables were cooked and when they used my new Masha hand mixer to blend the mixture into a smooth soup.

 
 

A couple of dollops of Total Greek Yoghurt and serve!  Mmmmm tasty, filling and very inexpensive! 







No comments:

Post a Comment